Text Message Marketing Stats
- There are over 5 billion mobile phone users in the world (the world’s population is roughly 6.8 billion)
- There are more than 5 times the amount of mobile devices than computers
- There are twice as many active users of text messaging globally as there are active users of email
- Roughly 350 billion text messages are sent each year in the US
- Mobile text messaging has the fastest read rate at 90% within only 15 minutes and a 97% final open rate (average final email open rate is around 20%)
- Text messages are typically responded to within 60 minutes, on average.
- There are over 280 million mobile phone users in the US alone. 91% of them keep their mobile phone within 3 feet of them within any given time (24 hours / day)
- 65% of e-mail is spam, only less than 10% of mobile text messaging is spam
- Text message marketing is the only medium that reaches customers while they’re on the go.
- Mobile text messaging has about 7x better coupon conversion rates that online
- Much less media competition since it’s so new
- 19% of texters say that they use text messaging as a means of communication between themselves and colleagues
- Mobile marketing is where the internet was in 2000. Massive opportunity for businesses! Very few business are using it so you can have a HUGE head-start if you begin now